Well, thanks everyone, for your prayers. We actually heard about the funding WAY sooner than expected. Medair was approved for the full amount of funding that they requested. This means that we are now preparing to work in Indonesia!! Crazy. Russ and I are so excited! The plan is to work for a few more weeks, take some time off around Christmas and probably be gone by the middle of January.
Where are we going? Well, we don't have too much detailed info right now, but from what we know, we'll be spending the first few months in the Aceh province of Sumatra. After that, we'll be working on Nias Island - off the West Coast of Sumatra. We will let you know once we have some more detailed information. Check this link to see the area. The green arrow is pointing to a random spot in the Aceh province. We do not yet know where exactly we will be situated. Off the West Coast, you can see three larg-ish islands, the slightly bigger one in the middle, I believe, is Nias Island. Just to give you an idea.
Anyway, we'll keep you up to date. We should know much more within the next couple of weeks. Thanks again for your prayers and we continue to ask for your prayers as we try to raise a bit of support to cover our airfare for the first year and as we prepare everything on the practical level for departure.
Btw, we will be selling our truck before we go. If you or someone you know would like to buy a 92 Toyota pickup 4X4, leave us a comment and we'll contact you by phone. Or just call us if you have our number.
9 comments:
WELL I GUESS CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'M VERY HAPPY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU THAT EVERYTHING IS WORKING OUT FOR YOU. HEY I THINK YOU SHOULD COME TO MANITOBA YET BEFORE YOU LEAVE.(LOL) GOD HAS A PLAN FOR YOU BOTH AND I KNOW YOU ARE OPEN TO WHEREVER HE LEADS YOU. TAKE CARE
LYSE
Wow! I just read this tonight. What an exciting few days you must be having. And a relief to know the wait is nearly over. We'll soooo miss you but are thrilled at how God has given you the desire, talents and opportunity to experience this.
Russ and Carmen,
Well, we will miss you so much and you will be in our thoughts and prayers each night. I am happy that your are fufilling God's plan for your life and do so joyfully. God bless you both in your endevor and we will look forward to your safe return.
Love
Your Big Sis and
Clark, Liam, and Joey
That's so exciting! I hope all goes well as you finish up preparations and head over to Indonesia. I loved seeing you guys and hearing about your plans for the future. Great blog - any chance you'll be able to post once in a while after you've left Canada? May you both find great joy in the adventure of a life lived for Christ!
Sweet Action!
Praise the Lord for this opportunity for you. I was looking on a map here in the J.Film office and actually for those who care, the Nias Island is the most northern island, aka the top one for those directionally challenged folk. Regardless! Brenda & I are so excited for you. We'll definatly have to fondu over the holidays with all that time you'll have off!
Yo Phillips...this blogging thing is spreading...maybe we'll have to jumo on the bandwagon...goodtimes. And goodtimes for you two as well...hope its warmer in Indonesia than it is in Lethbridge right now...yesterday...Minus 36!!! Yeowza!! Well...love you guys, hope that with all the craziness you'll still be able to hit Alberta town before you head off on your next big adventure.
Cheers
Scotty
hey, what expenses will you guys have? I was just thinking that our youth group has been saving up over the past year and we got about $100 (i know, a drop in the bucket), and we were going to put it towards helping someone in need in a third world country...maybe you guys?
anyways, let me know...within the next hour...call me on my cell 250-622-8852.
We are delighted to see you following the Lord's leading in your lives.You two make a wonderful team. We wish you good health, adventure, happiness and joy in your work. We will miss you both but will keep the emails coming. Love Dad and Mum
Wow Carmen and Russ... exciting adventures lie ahead. I am glad you have joined the blogging world. Looking forward to keeping up with you guys. Praying for you as well.
Post a Comment