
If any of you wondered what we were up to on Easter weekend, wonder no more. We had Good Friday off as a holiday and naturally didn’t work Saturday. So the 5 people from our team that were here that weekend decided to check out the Island paradise of Pulau Asu. Joe, Laurie, Anneloes, Russ & I. And what an adventure we had.
We drove across to the West Coast of Nias, about a 2 ½ hour drive on a very windy, very bumpy road.

The white sand beaches and turquoise waters were amazing. The surf was also excellent, and our boogie boarder pro, Joe, caught some great waves. (He actually was pro at one time!)
The palm tree forest was also beautiful to walk through and on the lava rock that we found near the surf, trees were growing right out of the rock!Russ & I had a lot of fun snorkeling – our snorkeling gear was definitely a worthwhile purchase! Russ got to try out his spear fishing again and actually caught an all-time big fish for spear fishing. I’m not going to go into details – you have to read Russ’ Hunting and Fishing Blog for that. But I am going to share a little video clip of Russ recounting the story here…

Have you ever walked through bubbles when someone is blowing them? We had an experience like that except we were walking through a huge group of yellow butterflies! It was SO cool. We were walking through the jungle and all these butterflies would emerge as we were walking by. It was my favourite. We tried to capture it on camera, but I was all that showed up on the picture.
Wish we could really do justice to all that we are experiencing here in Indonesia, but these stories & pictures are the best that we can do. Hope you're enjoying them!
Oh... and just so that there are no misunderstandings... Russ and I ARE actually here to work. We may not talk about it often, but we are loaded with things to do during the day. Maybe I'll post a blog about it one of these days.....
6 comments:
Carmen You write the most fabulous blogs. I so admire all the work you put into them. I love the photos.The scenery is fabulous. Delighted the Easter weekend was so awesome. Too bad you had no chocolate eggs to enjoy too. Keep up the great work and hugs to you both. Love Mum ps How high was that tree that Russ climbed? It looks scary!!
I just said to Paul as I started reading this post "Don't they have jobs or something?" How cool that you guys get to experience this together. Thanks for sharing to faithfully and thoughtfully!
Love ya's!
Good to see that there are other white men around the world who aren't scared to shimmy up the coconut tree! Jason did so to appease a visiting niece and when we showed the photos to a Grenadian friend he just about split his side laughing. He kept telling Jason that he was 100% Grenadian now! I'm glad to see you're enjoying your location, time flies past sooner than you know. Take care,
Kristy
good to hear of your adventures. seems like you are not so far away when we are able to read of your journey. we love you guys. have a great day...today is earth day.
My dear Carmen ~
wow, those are some beautiful beaches! (And you're beautiful too, of course :)) Just wanted to let you know that I do check your blog every couple days to see what's new in the world of Carmen & Russ. I think of you often!
Anita 'Sawatzky'
Uncle Russ and Auntic Carmen,
I have asked to see Uncle Russ talk six times in a row this morning. Could you please make more movies and post them. I love to watch what you are doing.
Miss you
Love Liam
Post a Comment