Between 4:30 and 5:30 – roosters start cocka-doodle-doo-ing next door....
....this continues for the rest of the morning, and day, actually....
5:30 – neighbours start singing really loud next door
....dogs start yelping....
....kids start waking up....talking, screaming, crying, making weird, unrecognizable noises with their mouths
Between 5:30 and 6:00 – people start “warming up” their motorbikes for the day, it gets really cold here, you know....
....they start giving the engine gas....revving it....red-lining it....
....this takes place right next door....
....this continues throughout the rest of the morning....
6:30 – pigs start squealing. These pigs are so close to us, they literally sound like they are in our bedroom.
....they continue squealing....
....louder....LOUDER....
....I want to start swearing....
....I ask Russ why he didn’t bring his rifle along to Indonesia....
7:00 – pigs stop squealing, staff start coming into the house to get ready & eat breakfast....
....singing....
....horking out all the gunk from their throats like most Indonesians do....
....talking really loudly....
OH. It’s time to get up I guess.
10 comments:
Brutal! I hate that horking sound - i knew someone else who did that and "ew gross!!!" is all i have to say. :)
weird moment -- i had a dream that you flew back to Abbotsford because i was supposed to sew you a pair of yellow pants and we needed to pick out fabric :) so bizarre! Sometimes i welcome being woken from sleep :)
Hope you have a good day. I'll be thinking of you.
Love you
lovely! :$
Don't you just love those early morning wake up calls when nature is at its best. Roosters are such predictable creatures!! Thought perhaps the earplugs would drown out the noise and allow you to awaken at your own speed. Love you Carmen and all your comments. Mum
yeah, the earplugs definitely are a blessing. that was something I was meaning to ask you for for a long time, but always forgot. You read my mind. :)
Sounds a lot like my house actually.
you are funny...
good to hear more news about your times there.
know that we are thinking about you guys...and miss you lots.
So much for staying up late at night for you guys. What time do all those people and animals go to bed so you can get some peace and quiet?
Julie
ahhh... i agree.. the worst would be the horking.. eeeuyuck!
karleigh
ooh, no thanks! You are one strong woman to not succumb to the desire to swear!
Beautiful comment on my blog by the way. Thanks for taking the time to share in our journey.
Hope your day is going well!
Leanne
It amazes me sometimes how similar some of our experiences have been in places on opposite ends of the world! I can SO identify with the roosters, the dogs, the kids, the nasty horking (I brought earphones to the office so I could listen to music and drown out the sound!) And instead of pigs it was goats, who also got 'walked' and made a dreadful racket in our neighbor's backyard.
Your post is almost enough to make me miss it. Thanks!
Post a Comment