28 June 2008

A Domestic Day

Yesterday was a bit domestic. We washed our underwear in the morning and I washed the dishes. Yes, we're still washing all our underwear by hand. I've stopped trying to convince myself that it's actually a romantic, character building time for husband and wife. It sucks. :)

Then we went to the office where there's a "real" kitchen and I baked some bread. But I felt like I could do more, so after cluing into the fact that we actually have all the ingredients for raisin oatmeal cookies, I made some of those! Got a recipe on line. They taste AWESOME!! So does the bread.

Anyway, just to give you a picture, here's the yummy cookies, a loaf of bread, and the oven that is responsible for all this baking. The oven just sits on top of the gas burner, and does a fairly good job!

2 comments:

Frieda Wedel said...

Cool! Glad you're able to have some of the things you would enjoy at home!

Anonymous said...

Carmen I am so impressed! What an awesome wife you are. I'll bet that Russ is thrilled. Just imagine what you can do with a real oven. Hugs Mum