It's been a full two weeks since our move to 100 Mile House, and I must say that so far, it's going quite well. I'm happy at my job - already feeling valued as an employee there and feeling good about the job that I do: helping people, giving them tools for their job search, trying to instill positive and encouraging truth-filled messages while being practical and down-to-earth. Hopefully I'm coming across that way. Russ is "liking" his work - helping in the building of a new Chevy dealership in town. the boss seems pretty good so far and seems like he may have more work for him in his custom-cabinet shop after this project. Let's hope that works out. All this is good, however, Russ has been pooped! Not used to the physically demanding work. and aside from the blisters on the back of his feet, he's not too upset about it, cause he's on the Mantracker Exercise plan anyway. :)
I toyed with the idea of not including any pictures in this post of where we live in an effort to force people to have to come up in person and see for themselves. But then after checking this place out a bit, I think there'll be much greater success if we show them what we have here. It's awesome!
**side note: the pics took really long to get, cause in our unpacking, I found my old film camera and two rolls of empty film. I decided to use those first. And this means I actually had to go to a store to retrieve my pics! one more roll to go & then back to the digital. :) **
So here's our big fenced-in back yard, complete with a pond & a raspberry patch.
Our extended backyard - just beyond our fence. Centennial Park. Getting greener by the day.
At the back edge of our yard:
Bridge Creek & 2 geese:

My radiant husband sitting on a stump beside the creek
The nice, flat, wide trail that strollers can go on beside the creek which leads to....
This bridge, which leads to....
This waterfall. Now, wouldn't you want to come and experience this for yourself???

If you have kids, you can come and play in the park and playground:



If you don't have little kids, then we can go hiking up to this old ski hill:

Or through any number of trails to see views like this:

Plus, fishing should be picking up within the next few weeks - if you're into that.
So, this all to say that we're loving where we are so far and want YOU to come and enjoy it with us! Let us know when you're coming!
I'll be working on filling the next roll of film of our house, for all you curious people. It's also pretty great!
13 comments:
Nice views. Definitely want to come for a visit.
Looks so beautiful! I can't imagine having that in my back yard :) Glad you guys are settling in nicely!
great to see your new place! i've been waiting for pics. :)
Oh man why do I live on the flat prairies, the scenery looks amazing.
I'm so happy that you found such a beautiful place to live.
So pleased that your work is going so well. they are lucky to have you as an employee. The photos of your neighbourhood are fabulous and will be even better when the grass is green. So looking forward to a visit. It won't be long now. Love Mum
You would make a great sales person haha, the pictures look amazing, looks like you have great scenery all around you. Have fun settling in and take care
see you soon!
Wow - I want to come visit! Looks like you've ended up in a beautiful place - so glad you're settling well into your jobs. Ah, Russ - the manual labour is good for you. Hope your blisters heal soon!
yes, we will come and see all of that, but it will probably be this summer after the kids are done thier school!
cant wait.. it looks beautiful.
K
Ok. we're convinced. That was tough, wasn't it?
Kristy
Get the BBQ ready - we're coming over!!!
Thanks for the pictures ... since coming to visit isn't the most likely possibility :-) Beautiful place!
We are coming...your new home will never be the same after our crew leaves. Bet your nephews can hike that old ski hill. August will promise some huckleberries I hope.
Post a Comment