03 August 2009

Russ worked for 9 days days straight - raking and digging in the dirt doing landscaping - in the HOT sun. Phew!! I felt so bad for him.

I had all last week off, and when I came home on Tuesday after spending the afternoon at Canim Lake, Russ told me he had the rest of the week off! Well, with all the family at Canim Lake for the week and long weekend, we decided to head there on Wednesday for the rest of the week.

Let me explain something here: my mom is the second oldest in a family of 12 kids. 5 of these siblings don't live in BC, but the other 7 do. 4 of them own a large property on Canim Lake with a bunch of cabins and camping spots. We're all invited to spend time there every year before & after & including the August long weekend.

Portions of the 7 families that live in BC all hung out there and it never ceases to amaze me how everyone gets along! I mean, people aren't always lovey-dovey with each other, but how does it work? Seriously!! Most people I talk to have issues with their one or two siblings, never mind their 11 siblings.

It's pretty incredible and such a blessing to be a part of this family.....

not to mention all the fun stuff involved like:
-waterskiing
-wakeboarding
-kneeboarding
-seadooing
-kayaking
-swimming
-cliff jumping
-partying on the Princess Canim party boat
-eating
-the First Annual Canim Lake Summer Games
-relaxing
-dirtbiking
-singing
-hanging out!

I don't have many pictures cause a couple of my aunts took hundreds of them and plan to make a book, but I did get to steal a few of them - mostly of Russ. Check em out:
Cliff jumping
the perma-part in his hair from diving


the Princess Canim - aka: party boat. Complete with a hot dog BBQ, cooler & beers
tubing

7 comments:

lyse said...

Looks like you had a great time. Good to hear!!!

Charlotte said...

SOOO FUN! :D

MamaZ said...

That sounds like an annual vacation you would not want to miss! With that many people, there is always something going on.
Great that Russ and you could have some time off to enjoy family, fun, and sun.

Corinna said...

dude, too fun!

Anonymous said...

Love the Princess Canim. Sounds and looks like a fabulous get away few days. How fun to have such a awesome family. Love and hugs Mum

Danae said...

Those were great to see, thanks for posting them! I would have LOVED to be there this year, seeing as it looked like better weather than LAST YEAR... hmmmppphh. Oh well. Glad you had a great time! (And I agree, I love our family and how easy it is to get along and have a great time with everyone)

katherine said...

ohhh man. now that is fun!