14 October 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for Thanksgiving to spend time with family:
For weiner roasts in the back yard,

For Guiness and the mysterious but wonderful bone he found in the back yard,


for boys rolling down the hill and having fun together,


for big boys who catch (hunt) dinner,

for winter parkas from grandparents that are way to big for the grandkids,

for brother-in-laws and babies,
for sweet, beautiful sister-in-laws,

for cutie 7-month old cheeks & smiles,


for red metalic accordians, sexy men who play them, toy apples used as shakers and family sing-alongs,

for 5-year-olds that climb trees,




for 3-year-olds that climb trees,


for Thanksgiving dinners around a great table,


for yummy turkey,


for tasty yams,


for 3-year-old decorative additions,

for carving pumpkins with our shirts off,
(ahem....I kept mine on....)

for storytime,


and for babies in snowsuits.


Thanks for coming out, Cochrans!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. We had a wonderful time too. Thankful to spend Thanksgiving with you and your first turkey! Great photos. Love you

Julie

Anonymous said...

What awesome pictures.I am thankful for a daughter in law who writes and photographs special times. I am also so thankful that my kids enjoying spending time together. Wish we could have been with you as it looks like such a fun weekend. Hugs Mum

katherine said...

looks like a lovely time :)

rachel joy said...

You had me at the oven mitts.

Great post!

The W's said...

Yay! What a special Thanksgiving!

Julene said...

Carmen, Thank you for all of the beautiful posts that you wrote to me while we were in Aceh. (We are home now on Borneo.) You are a faithful & encouraging friend ... I treasure your friendship. I am thankful for YOU! With my love, Julene