08 July 2010

Baby Phillips

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully
and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret
place.
When I was woven together in the
depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:13-16

Little one, may you grow up knowing the truth of your unbelievable value and worth and the truth of being fearfully and wonderfully made.  May you never forget it.

Head and spine

Face and forearm & hand

Face profile and knee & hand spots (and umbilical cord)

Bottom of the feet on the right side

It's already been nearly a week since the ultra sound, but I finally found some time to post. It was so great to see our little baby.  We didn't find out the gender, by choice.  at the time of the ultra sound the baby weighed about 1 lb 11 oz and is about 15 cm long, if I remember correctly. 
So precious.  Although I'm still not feeling any movement, the little babe was pretty wiggly.  We saw the heartbeat, too, so that's always reassuring.  And in spite of not feeling movement, I'm definitely starting to feel pregnant: sore back, smaller range in bending over, and people who don't know I'm pregnant actually noticing. :)   And just for the record, I'm about 20 - 21 weeks along now.  Halfway!

7 comments:

katherine said...

Aw. Congratulations on getting to the halfway mark! Isn't it exciting to go to the ultrasound?!? Psalm 139 is one of my favourites. God foreknew, and knows everything that is and will be of your little one.

Anonymous said...

How exciting to see the first photos of our new grandbaby. We are thrilled and delighted to have this new little one in our lives.Can hardly wait to see this wee one in person. Love and hugs Mum

Anonymous said...

little Otis is looking strong. My what a big boy! Dad.

Christoph Neufeld said...

We are so excited and happy for you, Carmen. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very exciting and precious.

Anonymous said...

So excited for you both. Can't wait to cuddle and nuzzle the little one. Actually I can wait until you are due :) So happy for you guys.

xo Julie

The W's said...

Beautiful miracle! Love you.