24 October 2011

4 weeks

until I'm back to work, FULL-TIME.  yikes.  it's super exciting to go back, because I got a bit of a promotion and am now going to be the Facility Manager/Personnel Officer.  However, it'll be really sad to  leave my little girl every day.  Russ and my mom will still be with her most of the time, but I'm gonna miss her so much!  I'm sure all you returning to work moms can sympathize with the conflicting feelings.  This decision was not easy to come to, but Russ & I both agree that this is the best decision for our family right now.   And we are trusting that the Lord has his perfect plan in mind for us.  It definitely feels like He's providing for us just perfectly.
It's just hard to believe this year of Mat/Parental Leave is almost over!  I thought it would last forever.  how wrong I was. :)

4 comments:

Julene said...

She's a cutie! How time flies ...
I hope you find the right balance with work & Mommy stuff ... so good she can stay with Russ & your Mom.
Love you, Carmen!

Danae said...

That first year really does fly by! I returned to work as well, after B, and although it's not easy - you will adjust and find a "new normal" in time. It's awesome that she can be cared for by Russ and your mom - I found the hardest part with returning to work was that B got sick so much the first few months in daycare, so hopefully you can avoid that! Enjoy your last few weeks at home :)

Anonymous said...

Time has a way of marching on. A year goes by so quickly. I think all working Moms can relate to your feelings of guilt and remorse at returning to work. Akeyla will do well with your Mom and Russ. It is you that will need the support. We will pray for a smooth transition for all of you. Love and hugs Mum

lyse said...

Oh my how the time does fly... Lucky that Russ and your Mom can be there to take care of Akeyla. All will work out, enjoy the few weeks you have, if you thought you were busy now just wait, haha. But its all good. Take care.