Me neither.
Check out this unimpressed look:
I decided to bake a Rainbow Birthday Cake which looked awesome (if I do say so myself) and tasted very good. We had some balloons all in the colours of the rainbow and dressed Akeyla in her rainbow dress. She LOVED the balloons. Her lasagne birthday lunch went down so easily.
her cake?
not so much.
even after I ate some to show her that it was good to eat.
even after trying to shove it into her mouth.
even after the second try (a few hours after the first intro to the cake)
she still wouldn't touch it.
the second time around I (gently) forced some into her mouth to prove to her that it tasted good and then she ate a few bites with a fork.
but that's where it ended.
what the heck?!
Oh well, we had a great day anyway, she loved her gifts, and the ride in her new little sled. Here are some more pictures of the day:
Happy birthday, little girl. You make us proud.









7 comments:
Happy Birthday Akeyla! We love you! You are the cutest little one year old and it is so fun to watch you grow! love auntie karleigh
Sweet baby girl, you are loved! Thanks for sharing and showing us the celebration, Carmen. xo
Sweet pictures. Happy Birthday Akeyla!!! You are such a blessing to so many people!
Happy Birthday to your very sweet girl. Wishing her a wonderful and fun year as a ONE year old. I love your previous post and your thanks to your parents. I feel like I could just copy and paste that on my blog. I feel the exact same. So we know that we are both incredibly blessed to have such awesome parents that raised us and want to be a part of their grandchild's life.
Happy Birthday sweet Akeyla. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. We has so much fun and we enjoyed the rainbow cake even it you did't. It was yummy and Mummy did such a beautiful job of making it. Have a wonderful year as a 1 year old and we will see you soon. Hugs Grandma
Aww, she is so cute! Looks like a great celebration was had by all! I love her expressions - ha ha, not impressed at all :) Nice cake, by the way.
Very cute!! Happy 1st Birthday Akeyla. I hope this year brings you excitement and adventure!
Post a Comment