My new definition of sadness:
going to the funeral of a 3-year-old boy.
That's what Russ & I and many other people did this afternoon to support a family in our church of their tragic, unimaginable and unexpected loss.
I thought this week about what it must have been like to walk in their shoes....picking a casket, songs for the funeral, putting together a slide show, and on and on. I must admit that I did not allow myself to think about this for very long because it was too overwhelming to think of. But sadly, I imagine that they were not able to let go of those thoughts and turn their minds easily to something lighter.
I know the family trusts in the LORD, who is Strength, Compassion, Comfort and Grace. and as our pastor spoke about today, He is Unchanging. He knows the deepest of sorrows.
I have no words for them, but pray constantly in my heart for them as they walk through the valley of the shadow of death, that they fear no evil, for HE is with them.
3 comments:
oh Carmen, how heartbreaking. There really are no words for the depth of such a loss. :(
I had a hard time reading this post. Devastating. Heartbreaking. Utterly heart wrenching to hear.
So tragic, I can't imagine...
Post a Comment