14 February 2013

Mat Leave

Once again, looking forward to my upcoming mat leave....still have over 2 months of work until then, but I'm dreaming about all the things that I will be able to do while at home full-time.

Other than caring for my children, here's a list of what I hope to accomplish:

1. Learn & master the art of making bagels from scratch.
2. Complete my 2011 digital photo album and start & finish a 2012 photo album.
3. Finish sewing the napkins I started sewing on my last mat leave.
4. Go to Strong Start at the nearby elementary school with Akeyla.
5. Visit my stay-at-home mom friends more often.
6. Learn how to play the banjo....again.
7. Master and memorize the Turkish March on the piano.
8. Go outside for a walk with the kids almost every day.

Can't wait!!




.....meh.  who am I kidding?  I'll be 35 by then, have a house to maintain, a 2.5 year old to chase, a newborn to breastfeed and absolutely no energy.  here's a list of things I think I will actually accomplish while on mat leave:

1. Attempt to make bagels once.
2. Complete a few more pages in my 2011 digital photo album.
3. Nap at every possible opportunity.


yup.  I think that'll be about the extent of it.  It's important to be honest with oneself, right?

4 comments:

MamaZ said...

I was getting tired just reading the first 8 items, so was relieved when I saw the three goals at the end. I heard once that goals should be attainable and measureable, so good choice on those three!

The W's said...

haha! too funny!! I think the napping thing should be number 1 ;)

rachel joy said...

sounds about right!

Anonymous said...

Made me smile :) Glad to see that you are a 'realistic mama'!
Anita Brown