Yup. Our beloved home is sold. The only people that looked at the house bought it. We're not super stoked with what we got for the house, but at the same time, we were motivated to sell it, so at least we got our bottom line. We'll have a bit to get started with next time...where ever that might be! (that'll be another post)
Even though we believe it was the right decision to sell this place, it's really bittersweet.
In my head I know that selling this house will give us a lot of financial freedom. It takes too much of our monthly income which inhibits us to pay off other debts and pursue other interests. I also know that for Russ to pursue a new job possibility in a new town, we obviously need to let go of the house! Also, if I want to have any chance of working less than full-time when my mat leave ends, we can't hang onto this place. Besides, it's only a house.
But my heart feels different. Russ built this place. For US. not for anyone else. We picked out the design that we thought would work for us and we love every bit of it. It's the first home that we have owned. I know my dad feels a little sorry for us to sell as well, because he put a LOT of sweat and labour into this home - for US. not for anyone else. The moment we moved in (when I was 7 months pregnant), our hearts settled. For the long haul. or at least for the 10-year plan I had in my head. Both my girls were born here and I had many dreams of sending them outside to explore in the 5 acres of bush & yard. I knew this would be an awesome place for them to grow up and learn how to enjoy the outdoors in our safe little neck of the woods. Close to the lake (but not too close), close to a good elementary school and only 15 minutes from town. Perfect.
But this dream all ends on October 10th. A VERY amazing 3 years it has been in this home. We have been so blessed. There are so many memories built into this place in the short time we've been here and I will never forget the shelter and warmth this place has provided us amidst the ups and downs of life.
What makes me most sad is hearing Akeyla say things like: "I don't want to move to a new house. I want to stay here." Goodness, not even 3 years old. It pulls at my heart strings every time.
But alas, all good things must come to an end, right? And really, there's more good in store for us - just somewhere else. We'll be sure to make every house that we stay in a home, and our girls will always know that home is where our family resides for the time being - be it in a house, a cabin, a trailer or a tent.
....but please Lord, don't make me live in a tent again.
5 comments:
I'm sure your next house will be great too whenever that may be, all the best in your new ventures !
I am pretty sure your next house will not be a tent but there are some nice houses in NC if you're looking at moving south. You are right, home is where the family is not just a house and I am sure you will make any place you live a home. How can you not when Christ is the centre of it?
Deryck and I can relate to some of that. Not that we built a house but we renovated to what we desired and then moved. Yet, I am so happy for you and the next adventure God has you beginning. Oh, but the packing, yuck!!
well said! sharing your mixed feelings as we've been in times of transition as well. Not that it's been easy, but we've never had any regrets, learned lots, and gained a lifetime of friends along the way.
PS: I love the little trike in the driveway.
Thinking of you, friend. Know how bittersweet this is for you. You put a lot of heart into that home; it's not just building materials. Praying God's peace over you as you make this transition. Love you.
Post a Comment