20 February 2007

Random thoughts

So Russ & I actually got COLD on Sunday. Pretty amazing. We went fishing in a rain storm and got soaked. My teeth were actually chattering! To be honest, it felt SO good. It was funny, cause all we had to do to warm up was walk in the water. Seriously - the ocean here is super warm. To read more about our fishing trip, I suggest you check out Russ' new blog. He's finally nailed down an effective way to fish!! Yay for fresh fish!

I've realized in the last few working days that I'm actually really starting to enjoy my job. As I have been learning so much more and feeling more confident in what I should be doing, my joy has been increasing! Quite a cool breakthrough for me. I guess it happens in every new job, where you just don't know how you feel about it when you first start out, simply because everything is so new. But as you find your way, things really start to look up.


Another cool thing is that Russ & I have been really starting to get to know some of our local staff and enjoying chatting with them. My admin assistant, especially, is a really sweet woman, around my age, married about the same amount of time as me, no kids.... yet (she says). She's really great at her job and she's been patiently teaching me all about the job and a lot of the language as well. Very fun. The locals all really laugh at us as we try to nail down certain phrases.
Here's the Jabi beach.... the place we swim at every day. Gorgeous, isn't it?

Well, that's all for now...

oh, one final question. Completely unrelated to Indonesia. The links on the side of my blog aren't updating as they should be - you go to some of the links and they're all outdated. Anyone have any suggestions on how I could fix that? Please leave me a comment if you do! Terima Kasih (Thank you)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blogs they are so down to earth and informative. The beach looks lovely. I could do with some of your warm weather!! A swim sounds great.Keep the blogs coming. I so enjoy them. Love and hugs. Mum

rachel joy said...

The beach is breathtaking! I'm so glad you get to enjoy it, adding to your joy every day.

The links look okay to me. They seem current (the ones that I regularly read, at least.) Are you using a Mac? Sometimes, because it's just so darn smart, you have to empty the 'cache' if things aren't refreshing properly. But if it's not that, then I have no idea.