
Carmen and I had a great R&R time at
Pulau Weh (also known as
Sabong Island). We took a ferry from
Banda Aceh, and an hour taxi ride through some amazing scenery to get to the town of
Iboh.
Iboh is a great place to relax! You walk down a paved trail along the water and can stay at a variety of small resorts along the way. We stayed at a place called
Yulia's and rented a
bungalow for 60,000
rupiah a night ($6.50
USD)! The
bungalow's were basic, but many of them were right on the water, and they came complete with a hammock and a
mosquito net to cover the bed (what more could you ask for in the tropics)!

The water was amazing! We went
snorkeling every day we were there, but you didn't really even need to snorkel...the water was so clear you could see the fish from the beach! The water was a good 40 meters from our
bungalow; yeah it was a rough. We were also able to go on two Scuba dives, and we saw all kinds of critters that live under the sea: tuna,
lion fish, octopus, sea cucumbers, squid, and too many types of reef fish to know or count.
The food was really good, but sometimes they didn't have food where we were staying so we had to eat elsewhere. We kept a tab running at the local restaurant; they had a book with your bungalow number on it and you could run up quite a bill if you weren't careful...we weren't careful we were on vacation (4 nights, 5 days, most meals included for just over $100 USD)! The "Chill Out Cafe" was one of our favorites. One night Carmen went to the restaurant to get some bottled water and she came back to the bungalow telling me about the biggest bug she has seen in her life! I ran down and took a picture of it; I think it's called a rhinoceros beetle...it was freaky!

We also had these huge Gecko's that would come into our
bungalow. It was great because they ate a lot of the bugs, but they made these weird clicking noises especially at night.

We had a great time and were thankful for a time to chill out before heading to
Nias Island. It didn't really even feel like we were in Indonesia for the week. Most of the people we saw were white German tourists, and the atmosphere was so relaxed that it felt like hanging out on
Hornby island or something! I should be getting to bed. Until next time...
7 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time. You need to keep posting more. I look everyday and finally there was something new.lol Anyway glad to hear you are doing well. I love seeing all your pictures and hearing all your stories!
You kids look so tanned,fit and relaxed. Great photos! Your vacation sounds wonderful, all that swimming and eating. I think the snorkling must be fabulous. Hope the move to Nias goes well. Love you guys and keep up the great blogs. Love Mum
Wow what a wonderful experience.
I am so happy that you two are
doing this while your young.
The pictures are awesome,something
we only see and read in travel
magazine's.I pray that you will
totally stay in Gods will, and
that you will enjoy Gods beauty
and blessings.
Aunt...Liesa
What a holiday! Jonathan has a framed Rhino Beetle above his bed and salamanders in an aquarium/terrarium outside. Boy would he ever love to vacation with you two!!
To be able to read, first-hand, of God's direction in your lives and how He continues to shower you with these incredible gifts (experience) is amazing!
I love the blogs!
Sherri P.
well this is the first time i've been here! i know i know i'm a terrible person. don't worry i've been thinking of you guys a ton since you've been gone. you pooper scoopers. ANYWAYS. just wanted to say hi, throw me an email sometime when you're not busy and feeling bored telling me how much you love me and miss me and think about only me all the time because i'm your most favourite cousin in the world....you probably aren't even going to read this are you. LOL. ok ok i'll shut up now. later gators!
I'm glad to hear you are both doing well. Your first picture looks a lot like Grenada with the beautiful blue water and thick foliage behind. I'm also glad to hear you've been diving. Jay and I took our certification here and have really been enjoying it. We're heading to Barbados this week and plan to do some more. Take care, and stay safe.
Kristy
Happy Birthday Carmen.
I just want to let you know that
my thoughts and prayers are
with you today. I hope you will
have a great day.Russ give Carmen
an extra hug today from me.
Take care and God bless.
Aunt...Liesa
Post a Comment