24 April 2007
I like to sit
on toilets. Since we got here on January 15th, I can count on my two hands the amount of times I have sat on a toilet. The weekend we were at Pulau Asu (amazingly, there was a sit-down toilet - on one of the most remote islands I've ever been to!), and this past Saturday, when Russ and I stayed at a hotel here in Gunungsitoli. On the last toilet, the seat was broken off, so we had to sit carefully, but sit we did. Oh glorious day! I miss sitting so much! Other than missing people, I would say it's the thing I miss most about home. My legs just get so tired from squatting! And imagine having diarrhea with only a squatty potty available. Not fun. But at least I have stronger leg muscles now. Seriously, between squatting and the gigantic stairs they build here in Indonesia, I'm gonna have really tight, muscular legs after 2 years!!!
5 comments:
YOUR FUNNY CARMEN, I SEE YOU STILL TALK ABOUT WHATEVER. THATS WHAT I LOVE ABOUR YOU. HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL, AND HOPE YOU FIND A NICE TOILET SEAT SOMEWHERE SOON. I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT, RIGHT NOW WE HAVE USE OF JUST THE OUTHOUSE AT THE CABIN AND I'M GETTING TIRED OF THAT CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE RUNNING WATER AND TOILET AND SHOWER, I CAN RELATE A LITTLE BECAUSE THE DIFFERENCE IS I KNOW MINE IS COMING RIGHT AWAY. TAKE CARE AND LOVE YAH
AUNTIE LYSE
Oh Carmen, I'm glad you keep me updated on your bathroom situation. I think it's time for some photos......
Hey Carmen, nice to hear what you're up too(or down too). love your description of your daily life. pray for your safety and good health,
love,
Auntie Christa
your so funny carmen... i can't imagine never sitting! i also admire you humour about the situation. hope you guys are having an awesome time.... keeping you in our prayers!
You're hilarious! I thought I had a great solution to your sitting problem but after I thought about it for more than 2 seconds I realized it was a terrible idea. Nevermind. Sorry I can't help! Thanks for not being shy and telling us how it is.
Post a Comment