Monday morning: 6AM, Russ wakes up to go to work.
Monday morning: 7AM, Carmen wakes up to go to work.
Are we ready for this??
Well, ready or not, here we are. Back at work.
But when we look at it, we really are very blessed. We each made one phone call last week and were working on Monday morning. I'm back in the Employment Sector and have been signing people up for Job Search and related things and answering phone calls all week. Russ has been working with our old landlord doing a variety of things from pulling trees, to collecting junk, to dropping off steel in downtown Vancouver to picking up teenagers from high school. Quite the adventurous work week for him.
I've been a bit of a basket case this week with the transition of work (at least that's what I'm blaming it on) and Russ has been coming home wasted, but the transition is being done with ease. Russ & I are both in holiday mode again next week. Russ gets to go moose & elk hunting, while I get to go to Washington DC to visit some friends (and go shopping). How perfect is that??!!
Meanwhile, my amazing sister-in-law is running a half-marathon (21 kms) in Kelowna this Sunday (I'm really proud of you, SIL!!) with my bro and sister (& kids) cheering her on.
And this week I was invited to join a worship team at North Langley Community Church, where we attend. I'm so excited and blessed. My heart is really ready to be helping lead worship again!
Most of all, we love being back, especially around friends and family again. It's so great to be in community and see people on a regular basis. Thanks friends!
oh ya. We'll be back at work after we each get back. I guess it's inevitable that we'll have to do this work thing full-time again soon!! It's been great to have time to recuperate, though.
3 comments:
Welcome back! Would love to see the next time you are on the island.
MamaZ
glad you guys are feeling rested and ready to work again :) hope you both enjoy your new jobs and adjust well! miss you!
Welcome back to the working world! Glad that things went well for you despite the rude awakening to the work force.:) Have a GREAT time in Washington with friends!! Love ya!
Post a Comment