10 August 2009

Superficial Dilemma

I want new clothes, but I don't want to go shopping.

I realize there are many real and powerful dilemmas that people all around the world face like, needing water, but not having the money they need to buy it - a true example of corruption (watch Blue Gold to hear more on this interesting topic).

or

wanting to show unconditional love to a grown son or daughter that is too destructive to live with and unwilling to accept direction.

a list of real dilemmas could be endless.

For today, my dilemma was very superficial. Coming out of 100 Mile House to Qualicum Beach (close to Nanaimo - city centre) felt like coming out of the village in Indonesia and going to a big city: I just wanted to spend money! However, unlike what I felt when in a big city in Indo, I did NOT want to shop today. I didn't want to face crowds, I didn't want to try on clothes, I didn't want to make my husband pace in impatience. But I'm near a shopping centre!! I want to buy some much needed work clothes!!

oh the tradgedy of it all....

...sometimes my own vanity makes me sick.

I'll do my best not to dwell on this trivial problem so as to keep my headspace in the real world.

3 comments:

The W's said...

I feel your pain Carmen. Oh the shopping pull when we go to the city....it's bad. Hope you do get some shopping done though...at least a little :)

Anonymous said...

you are too funny.
karleigh

Dolly said...

Funny that you mention this.... I just got some very good deals on some new pants.... like just 20 minutes ago... :)