15 September 2009

Pride comes before the fall....

We DIDN'T end up having that beautiful pie in previous post, because I took it out of the oven prematurely. It wasn't actually cooked all the way through. The apples inside were luke warm and still somewhat crunchy, no hot steam came from that pie when I cut into it and all the fruit was swimming in juice.
THIS is what came of that beautiful pie,
after I took a piece out and then stuck it back in the oven to continue to bake. By that time, it was 9pm and we were no longer hungry after stuffing our faces with potato chips.
Charming, isn't it?
Oh well, I'm sure it will still taste good tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apple Pie for breakfast, one of Karleigh and my favourite dishes. It will taste great in the morning.

As for your previous post on the cool looking crab apple sauce, you should have seen our kitchen: 12 jars of canned crab apples, 6 jars of crab apple jelly and (this is my bad influence) 1 jar of crab apple liquer. All that was from ONE of the boxes we took home. We still have one more box to go!!

Christoph

Anonymous said...

Pie for breakfast is a real treat. I am sure this is not the only cooking goof that will happen. Thats life. Enjoy what you have cooked and try again. Hugs Mum

Anonymous said...

mmmm, chips. I hear you loud and clear. And the previous posters are right...nothign wrong with apple pie for breakfast!

Kristy