Yesterday I made a day trip to the Island to pick up our van. I went alone, with Eva. The last time I went to the Island without Russ was when we were dating, but back then, I went there to see him, so he was always there. Since Russ & I have been together, I've never been there without him! Talk about weird! It's not like I did a whole lot, but it still felt funny.
It made me think about how I used to travel by myself a lot and took pride in being very independent. Since Russ & I have been married we have done the vast majority of our travels together, and rightly so! Russ and I are really good travel partners - we have similar ideas of how to travel, where to travel and the kinds of things we want to do. I love that about us.
Travelling solo has a different feel than travelling as a team. I think more, talk less, but end up talking to strangers a bit more...not a bad thing! I obviously do a lot more by myself - don't have a helper. I occasionally miss my solo days, but I have to say that I really missed my partner this time. This trip wasn't anything I couldn't do myself, but it's just more fun with Russ.
I sure do appreciate that man of mine: husband, travel partner & friend.
Love you, babe!
No comments:
Post a Comment