20 June 2013

for sale

so.....
our house is for sale:


Our beloved, home-made, love-infused, custom-made HOME.

We moved into this house when I was 7 months pregnant with Akeyla and the moment we did so, my heart settled in.  I got rid of all the packing boxes because this is where we were going to stay for a while.  a long while.  I had a 10-year plan in my head, at least.  this was the perfect property to raise a couple of kids so that they can safely run around outdoors, be active and creative.  I think that living in this house, on this property is what I love about living in this town.  love the location, the privacy and proximity to town and my parents.  We have put a LOT of heart into this place.

and a lot of money.

which is why we have decided to sell it.  There is a potential move out of this town in the near future (which I will share about in another post in a few weeks possibly), but even if we don't move out of town, we have to downsize and find something cheaper in the area.  We just can't get ahead with the size of the mortgage we're carrying, never mind saving for some FUN!

it's sad.  but I feel really at peace with it.  I hope someone will buy it that will be able to appreciate the building for what it's worth and enjoy the fruits of our labour.  maybe this is a way to bless someone else.  and change is coming for this Phillips family, so I know that God is going to bless this decision.  Plus, our family is worth a lot more than our house.  Selling this house and getting into something cheaper will allow me to stay at home more with the girls after mat leave ends and allow us to have more family time in general.  and then maybe we'll be able to travel more, too.  Something we really miss doing.

well, that's the big news for you today.

and here's a few other random shots I took today:



3 comments:

rachel joy said...

Such huge, big, news! Continuing to pray for you as you await what the next steps will be for your sweet little family. xo

Ashley said...

Big changes for your family! Exciting to see where your new adventures take you.

The W's said...

A bittersweet post for sure! I know how much you love your house; all the heart and dedication that went into it. But your home is where you are and that love and devotion will follow you wherever you go. Love you lots, friend! Excited to see what adventure God has for you next! And thank you for posting pics of Eva!!! I was going through some serious withdrawal and was just about to email you for pics :) She is CUTE! And I love love love Akeyla's first gift for you - so sweet :)