I drove by our (now owned by other people) house today, for the first time since we moved out. then drove down the road that I used to always walk just past our house. I just couldn't keep myself away anymore. I had to see it. I sobbed.
As we drove by the second time, Akeyla said,
"There's someone at our house."
Through a new, more uncontrollable cluster of sobs I said, "I know.
"but we don't live in that house anymore. We sold it. It's not our house anymore and someone else lives there now."
She said, "I want our house back."
I said, "I know! So do I! but we can't have it back." As I sob and sob and sob.
"Mommy, are you sad?" she asks.
"yes. I'm very, very sad."
"Mommy, are you okay?"
"I'll be okay."
love that girl.
6 comments:
no words, my friend. wish I could be there to cry with you. (((hugs)))
oh man. so sorry, carmen!
Ah Carmen. My heart is hurting for yours. Thinking of you tonight, my friend.
Wishing I could be there to cry with you as well!
I am so sorry. I know how hard it must be for you. My heart breaks for you. Sending our love to you and the family.
Aw, I'm totally choking up at my desk... my heart breaks for you and I love that you have a sweet little girl to ask if you're okay.
Post a Comment