I've never experienced such a hard time with a move before. I counted it - this is the 15th significant move that I've made in my life. The 6th since Russ & I married 8 years ago. I'm an experienced packer and unpacker. I'm good at purging and not moving stuff that I don't need (but you don't need to ask Russ' opinion on that topic - ha!). I've been very good at not investing too much in my residence....until this last one. I think that's what makes it so difficult. This was the first home that I've owned, we built it and I was expecting to be there a long time. I invested a LOT in this one.
I feel kinda silly about it. While others I know are mourning the loss of a child or a parent, I'm mourning the loss of a house. I really shouldn't be this sad about it. But it's really hard to tell your feelings to stop feeling.
So I'm going to be sad for a bit.
Sad to leave my most favourite home.
Sad to leave close friends.
Sad to leave a good job.
Sad to leave my parents.
Sad that my children can't go back to "their" home.
Sad that we have to start from scratch again.
While I am sad for all of this, I am also immensely THANKFUL for these last 4.5 years here in 100 Mile. The Lord most clearly lead us here. I have never doubted our purpose here. Not even for a second. There has been so much good in my life and so many opportunities to make a difference. Maybe this strong purpose is also a reason that I feel so sad to leave. Hmm.
All I can hope and pray is that God has seen us faithful in our calling here.
2 comments:
you have every right to feel sad about leaving your house! Not silly at all. Praying for you as you have this time of transition.
The line: "The Lord most clearly lead us here" jumped out at me in this post. Because the Lord lead you there and you invested your heart into that place, you will be sad.
Mourn the loss of your HOME (not just a house). The Lord called you there, you put roots down and were faithful to His calling. You invested your heart into that place. Take the time to be sad as you leave this part of your journey.
Post a Comment