yesterday, February 19, Eva had her heart surgery.
I thought of this day on occasion throughout this past year and thought that I would come up with something profound to say once we reached the 1 year anniversary.
But I have nothing profound.
At Eva's 1-month post-op cardiac appointment, I was told that I could forget about Eva's heart. So I have done my very best to do that. I haven't completely forgotten, but the more time passes, the more I do forget.
Suffice it to say that we are THANKFUL. Beyond words or expression.
I have no idea (and actually quite doubt) if Dr. Ghandi remembers our little Eva and the successful surgery that he performed on her, but we will never forget him and his gifted hands. We should pray for him more, I suppose.
Eva is a goofy, stubborn, energetic little smarty-pants, who will be celebrating her 2nd birthday in less than 3 months.
We thank Jesus every day for both of our girls and love and treasure all the little moments that make our lives so big.
2 comments:
one year! amazing! I wonder if you will ever truly forget about her heart? I would think that would be pretty hard to do. Love you all, miss you much!
God is so good. I am so thankful everything turned out so good for Eva. I remember reading through your story when you journaled it and bawling away. It was an intense time and I'm so happy that its behind all of you. Cheers to Eva! ( and being 2 will be terribly fun!)
Post a Comment