01 February 2007

Smelly Cat

Life in Jabi smells...I'm meaning in a bad way! Today, since I'm a member of the Water and Sanitation department, we had the privilege of digging up the septic system because it was blocked up. After pumping out the grey water tank and digging up the treatment garden, we discovered our problem...grease. We do not have a grease trap, so all the grease from cooking blocked up all our pipes. So today and tomorrow we will continue working on this problem...really not a big deal...just kind of smelly. Part of fixing the problem involves elevating one of the pipes on the sink (since it was flowing the wrong way). Today we poured a concrete floor as part of the elevation process and then...A CAT! Yes, I said, "A CAT", walked across the new floor I had just poured!!! I grabbed the cat by the back of the neck off of the new concrete floor, and gave him a toss but unfortunatly (or maybe fortunatly if you don't like cats), it landed inside the grey water tank!!! The cat, which is usually grey and white, came our black and covered with grease! Then it took off across the floor (again), and started looking for attention from other staff, which didn't go over very well as you could imagine. So then I decided I better do something nice for the cat (and the staff), so I got a bucket of water to dump on him to clean him off... That didn't work out as planned, I ended up fumbling with the bucket and accidently droped the whole bucket on his head (ouch)! Last I saw of the cat it was hiding under the house, I hope that the cat lovers in this world forive me, but for me I don't feel all that bad...I'm not a cat person. - Russ

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so very graceful Russ...i'm sure it was all by accident....

Amanda Quiring said...

Hilarious. Stories like this make your adventure come alive! You and Carmen are both great at communicating what's going on and giving me a good idea of what you're up to. I'm so glad you have easy access to the internet right now!

Anonymous said...

I love the cat stuff. You wrote it so that I could really envision that poor animal running around the building. LOL

And the beaches. What a glorious way to end the day. I'm so glad you can keep us up-to-date and I'll keep checking whenever I can. Take care of each other!

Kristy Jason said...

Grenada doesn't have many cats, but sometimes I wish I had a bucket to drop on the heads of our local dogs. I may have gotten the revenge slated for you last night as I whacked my head on my windowsill reaching down for rocks to throw at our neighbors dogs at 1:00am! Thanks for the updates, glad all is going well.
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Funny story, Russ! I saw that you have your own blog now..... can't leave a comment on "anonymous" on there, so I'm leaving one on here for you....

Cool!! Crazy experience!! :)

Have a great day!

Dolly

The W's said...

Russ, Russ, Russ......

Anonymous said...

Reid says, "Way to go Russ!!"