We discovered that huckleberries grow way up there in the Alpine, so we decided to go back on Saturday to harvest some.
The clearcut we were picking berries by:
The berries. Aren't they awesome?
Ignore the dumb look on my face and look at those two full containers of berries!
Our marked hands
Now, before I go on, I must say that my in-laws love me and accept me for who I am, despite my mood changes, bluntness and weirdness. So in no way do I ever feel like I have to earn their favour. (They're good that way.)
BUT,
the last time I made a wild berry pie for a meal that they were present at, I don't think I could have done any wrong in the eyes of Dad Phillips for the next month or so - that's how much he loves the wild berry pies.
So what's wrong with a bit of sucking up?
These berries are going into a pie that Mom & Dad Phillips will be able to enjoy next time they are up visiting.
Did you hear that Dad?? You're getting a wild huckleberry pie!!
5 comments:
I love it when a plan comes together!
There are only two kinds of people in this culinary world-those who have huckleberry pie and those who wish they had it. How fortunate we are to have a wonderful daughter-in-law who shares her gifts and talents with us. Thank you Carmen.We are looking forward to this treat and a visit. Love Dad Phillips
What fabulous looking berries. Wished we could be there to pick too. Dads favorite!! Looking forward to that pie on our next visit. You should stock up with lots as I am sure everyone who sees this post will be coming. love and hugs Mum
those arnt huckleberries... they are wild blueberries!! YOu guys are too funny!!
have fun with your pie!
Karleigh
Well, Russ called them huckleberries and I believe everything he says!!!
They are blue huckleberries. Found all over the Pacific Northwest and in Idaho. People sell them for $40 per gallon in Idaho! They are worth mega bucks if you like picking. Dad's favorite pie and we are looking forward to that tasty treat. hugs Mum
Post a Comment