04 March 2009

Blessed

This has been a good week so far...
We discovered some extra money in our bank account from Medair, that they forgot to pay us and we thought they had already paid us. I love how God saves money for you when you really need it - fills in for the 3 weeks that Russ was out of work in February!

I've started making some contacts in 100 Mile House for job opps, and found a really good job opening. I'm praying that I'll be the right person for the job! Send up a prayer too, while you're reading this, please!!!

We have a new nephew!! Russ' sister had her 3rd baby boy this afternoon and we got to go see him tonight. We're really excited that James Alexander has entered our world. (no pictures yet....we forgot our camera tonight. How lame!)

We have been able to rest after a BUSY, but FUN week and weekend past with some out of town guests that I mentioned in the last post. It was particularly fun showing our American friend a bit of Canada and served her Moose roast from the Canadian Wild and Canadian wine from Morningstar Farms in Qualicum Beach. How fun is that?! I think we baited her in enough to get her to want to come again.

Some upcoming expected blessings: going to my parents in Lone Butte this weekend, obtaining my CORE Hunting License the weekend after (not sure if that's a blessing or what... but it's the truth.), more out of town guests the week after, and finishing my current job by the end of the month (this will also make me somewhat sad, as I do enjoy working with those people).

Goodness. where did all these blessings come from? hmmmm.........I wonder if the Lord is just filling us up so that we will be strong again to meet the new challenges of life ahead.....it's always an adventure, isn't it? ;)



(how's that for 2 posts in 1 week?!)

2 comments:

Amanda Quiring said...

Yay CORE! Russ must be so proud! When I took the course with my siblings our instructor was insanely stupid. He mostly just told hunting stories and assumed we all knew everything about firearms and hunting. My dad had to teach us about ammunition and... long story... it was stupid but we got our licenses.

I'm totally with you on loving the forced savings account - I just filed my income tax return online yesterday and I'm getting a nice wad of cash back. More for the travel fund! :-)

Sounds like you two are keeping busy - said a prayer for you and the job search - happy hunting! (both job hunting and big game...)

Barley Girl said...

i love two posts in one week.
praying for you guys and your jobs and your health and safety as you travel.
love you and congrats on being an auntie one more time...
K